Auto Numbered Headings
Auto numbered headings plugin of Confluence automates numbering of heading for whole space in single click. Plugin also comes with a macro so that if required it can be used at individual pages too.
Auto numbered headings plugin could be used for following purpose:
- Number all the headings of a space in one go (Numeric or alphabetical)
- Number all the page titles of space along with headings
- Exclude some specific pages of spaces from auto numbering
- Use the plugin to number headings of specific pages only (using macro)
- Change in numbering configuration and apply it for whole space in one go
- Remove the auto numbering from whole space
Once installed, a menu is created at top bar for presenting configuration related to heading numbering. Menu appears as shown in figure
Configuration ui is presented once TechAuth->Auto Numbered Headings menu item is clicked. Configuration ui appears as shown in following figure
Configuration of Auto Numbered heading plugin includes following options:
- Number Format - Decimal or Alphabetical format can be used for numbering of headins
- Numbering Level - Numbering level could be selected to number heading up to 3,4 or 5 or 6 level of numbering
- Numbering of Page titles - Page titles can also be numbered automatically using this option
- Exclude some pages - If there are some pages which should not be numbered then this option can be used by providing page titles in text box.
Update Space button click will be required after any change in configuration. If there is any addition or removal of heading from any page which affects the numbering of next sibling page or child page then Update Space button should be used after every such change.
Our customers play and important role in making our solution better. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, suggestions and reported some issues.
Atlassian Marketplace link - Auto Numbered Headings